Summer groups are welcome to visit the Museum of Coastal Carolina or Ingram Planetarium. Regular admission rates apply.
Here is some information to help you plan your summer group’s visit to Ingram Planetarium or the Museum of Coastal Carolina:
- Group tours, programs, and Planetarium dome shows are available Tuesday through Friday by appointment only. We recommend contacting us to schedule your trip early in the school year so that we may reserve the dates you want.
- With advance planning, we can schedule visits to both the Museum and Planetarium on the same day. The two facilities are about four miles apart.
- Nature’s Treasures Gift Shop, Galaxy Gift Shop, and restrooms are included as a tour stop.
- Please arrive on time. We cannot risk having late arrivals delay another group’s appointment.
- Chaperones and their assigned group of 10 students are required to stay in the same gallery at all times. Chaperones are responsible for the behavior of their students.
- Full payment for each facility is due upon arrival; please prepare separate payments for each facility.
- The Ocean Isle Beach Community Center, located three blocks from the Museum, has sheltered picnic tables and restrooms. To reserve the Community Center for your group’s lunch, call Ocean Isle Beach Town Hall at 910-579-2166.
- The Ocean Isle Beach Park, located on Old Georgetown Road, may meet your group’s needs. For more information, call Ocean Isle Beach Town Hall at 910-579-2166.
- There are many restaurants in the Ocean Isle Beach and Sunset Beach areas that can accommodate your group.
The Museum offers a self-guided tour with Museum docents available to answer questions.
Nature’s Treasures Gift Shop will be open during your group’s field trip to the Museum. With adequate advanced notice, we can prepare gift bags for your students to purchase.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions, feedback, or comments.
Ingram Planetarium’s dome theater seats 85. Large groups can be split: half of the group can be seated inside the dome theater while the other half explores the Paul Dennis Science Hall. Once the theater show is finished, the groups can exchange places. Including the Science Hall in your visit adds value to the learning experience.
The Galaxy Gift Shop open during your group’s field trip to Ingram Planetarium. With adequate advanced notice, we can prepare gift bags for your students to purchase.
Contact email@example.com for questions, feedback, or comments.